Units covered in this qualification include:
Learners must complete the one mandatory unit (3 credits) and an additional 9 credits from the optional units (6 credits from Group B and 3 credits from Group C) .
- Mandatory Unit (Group A) 1. Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training Level 3 3 credits
- Optional Units (Group B) 2. Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training Level 3 6 credits D/505/0052 3. Facilitate learning and development for individuals Level 3 6 credits
- Facilitate learning and development in groups Level 3 6 credits
- Optional Units (Group C) 5. Understanding assessment in education and training Level 3 3 credits
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment Level 3 3 credits
- All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, mathematics and ICT
- Development needs and action plans to address these development needs should be recorded and addressed
- For those trainee teachers who have already undertaken initial assessments for their English, mathematics and ICT skill, their record of development needs and any previous actions taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required
- There are no other specific entry requirements
The course uses a blended learning approach of in class delivery and home study to maximise the learning of the student. Face to face tuition from our excellent tutors will be provided on a number of days throughout the duration of the course and this will be backed up by our manuals and e-learning platform to assist with your home study. Please contact us for more information on the course and qualification structure.
Coursework, Portfolio of Evidence, Observations of Micro-Teaching Session.
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
However completion of the Level 3 Award in Education and Training is not a requirement/ pre-requisite for access onto these higher qualifications