Units covered in this qualification include:
- Anatomy & physiology for exercise and health
- Knowing how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, Safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principals of exercise, fitness and health
- Applying the principals of nutrition to a physical activity program
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing.
The course uses a blended learning approach of in class delivery and home study to maximise the learning of the student. Face to face tuition from our excellent tutors will be provided on a number of days throughout the duration of the course and this will be backed up by our manuals and e-learning platform to assist with your home study. Please contact us for more information on the course and qualification structure.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment.
- This qualification provides progression to Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in personal training.
- Learners may also progress onto qualifications in related sectors, like Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside personal training in the health club environment or own business.