Units covered in this qualification include:
- Anatomy & physiology for exercise and health
- Knowing how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, Safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principals of exercise, fitness and health
- Designing gym based programs
- Instruction of gym based programs
- Applying the principals of nutrition to a physical activity program
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
The course uses a blended learning approach of in class delivery and home study to maximise the learning of the student. Face to face tuition from our excellent tutors will be provided on a number of days throughout the duration of the course and this will be backed up by our manuals and e-learning platform to assist with your home study. Please contact us for more information on the course and qualification structure.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Observations of Practical Delivery.
This qualification provides progression to:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga